1. Create super powers for characters and rewrite your least favorite scene(s) using these powers.
2. Choose a character to create a descriptive “Wanted Ad”.
3. Create a department store ad using items from the book. You could also create book-related action figures to market and “sell”.
4. Choose a conversation scene to write what the characters may have written if exchanging emails and/or texts.
5. Choose your favorite scene(s) to create a play.
6. Create a “commercial” using persuasive advertisement techniques (bandwagon, repeated words, jingles & slogans, etc.).
7. Create a map by tracking the setting(s) throughout the book.
8. Rewrite the story in a different genre such as poetry.
9. Create a list of your favorite character quotes from the book.
10. Rewrite the story choosing a different setting, climax, character(s), problem, and/or solution.
11. Create comic strip scenes based upon the book.
12. Choose a character from the book to create a mock interview.
13. Use details from the book to create a song.
14. Create a crossword puzzle using vocabulary words from the book.
15. Use details from the book to create a Jeopardy game.
16. Use details from the book to create a test or quiz for a classmate.
17. Create letter tiles to play Scrabble. Only use vocabulary from the book.
18. Create a collage or illustration quilt based on the book.
19. Use details from the book to create “Top 10" lists.
20. Use details from the book to create a “product”.
21. Create Charades cards to act-out literary elements from the book.