February is affectionately called "I love to Read" or "Book Lovers" Month. Every day in February can be made special by completing a reading related activity. Here is a list you and your students will LOVE!1. Read about Chinese New Year!
2. Read with a buddy in your classroom
3. Read the comics with a friend.
4. Read your favorite story backwards. Was it funny?
5. Read a story upside down. Was it hard?
6. Read an article from the newspaper today.
7. Read a book about one of our Presidents.
8. Read the grocery ads. What is on sale?
9. Read a book and design a new cover for the book.
10. Ask a person in your family to read to you.
11. Read a joke or riddle book today.
Kick off "I LOVE TO READ WEEK" make sure to send notes home to parents! I like to coordinate this week with Valentine's Day activities.
12. Look at the stars. Read a book about stars.
13. Hats off to reading! Wear a hat to school.
14. I love to read day!Wear red!
15. Sweat it out with a good book! Wear sweats!
16. Wear a T-shirt today that someone can read.
17. "Rope up" a good book. Dress up in your western wear.
18. Design a bookmark to go with your favorite book.
19. Turn off the TV and read!
20. Read about your favorite sport.
21. Write your own story and make a cover for it.
22. Curl up with a good book! Keep warm!
23. Write a story about yourself. Now share it!
24. Read a book to your favorite stuffed animal.
25. Go bananas over books! Eat a banana while you read.
26. Find a book of poetry and read some poems.
27. Visit the library and check out some good books.
28. Read a biography book to learn about a famous person.
We want to hear from our readers, how do you plan to celebrate Book Lovers Month?