Knock--Knock--Who's There? Orange. Orange who? Orange you glad you've heard this joke before.
Higher level thinking skills can be developed through exposure to jokes and riddles. If you haven't considered them as a teaching tool, you may want to start if your students meet the following criteria.
Prior skills needed to "get" the jokes
- Understanding and mastery of spoken or written language
- Significant background knowledge for the joke
- Hang "funny" posters in your classroom
- Have a riddle or joke of the day
- Allow students to bring in their own jokes or riddles
- Allow students to create their own jokes and riddles and share them
- Read the comics section of the paper
- Find age appropriate resources
Big Universe Resources