It’s that time of year when students and teachers get ready for back to school. Many districts open their doors to welcome students and parents before school actually starts. For a new teacher, this can be a bit intimidating. You only make a first impression once!
Dress to Impress– What you wear makes a statement. A nicely ironed outfit goes a long way!
Information Packet- Have parents fill out paperwork about after school plans and contact information.Give any school information and the Big Universe Welcome Letter (can be found in Administrative Settings).
Post Rules– Organize your classroom with friendly posters explaining rules and expectations.
Possible Activities– Plan ahead what you will say after the initial greeting. Invite them to do any of the following:
- Scavenger hunt around school
- Find their desk/locker
- Drop off and organize school supplies
- Direct parents and students to the PTA booth. Our district PTA plans a back to school bbq the same evening to encourage membership!
- Invite parents and students to explore the classroom.
- Show possible resources on a computer, to get students excited about school!
You’re off to a great start! We hope you have a fabulous school year!